Created a quick POC for translating an SRT file from English to a different language.
In my mind, the POC is simple and shouldn’t take a few hours to write. Using the Azure Cognitive Services – Text Translation API should do the trick. And for rapid development, I used the SubtitlesParser NuGet module to quickly parse the SRT file.
What I found interesting, was that translation actually uses the target language characters after translation. See here for an example, I initially expected to see Japanese Romanji instead of Kanji, Hiragana, and Katakana characters.
The source code for this POC is found here.